Roleplaying books and board games, part 1

Role-playing and board game products I want to show to You


Recently I bought myself, on a Women's Day sale, few roleplaying books and two board games that  have some roleplaying elements on them. Got the games on last week. Have opened the board game boxes and been reading those books. And I'm happy about the products that I bought.


I already had the The No-Prep Gamemaster  book as a digi-file and therefore already read the book and knew what I was getting, when purchasing the physical book. I totally enjoyed reading the printed book, too. It is always nicer to have the book on hand and to be able to make markings on the book. Handwritten markings. With underlining and writing my sidenotes on the book, I learn pretty fast, compared to just reading the book and not writing on it and not taking any notes. By writing sidenotes and underlining the text, I get things really stick to my brain, with almost no effort.




 I can recommend the No-Prep Gamemaster -book from the bottom of my heart. It's full of good and really good ideas to ease the pain of creating good gaming content and to take some load off from the  game masters' shoulders. Even if you don't use these ideas, tips and hints as they are presented on the book, there's many ways to mend parts of the ideas (presented in the book) in your gamemastering. It's always good to have handy game moderating tools with lots of useful things to know, to considerate and to think about. To me, this books have been one of the best, single gaming help tools that I've ever had. So, check it out.


From the same creator and the publisher (Matt Davids and the Dice Geeks) comes another excellent gaming help, called The Book of  Random Tables: Post-Apocalyptic. This book is literally full of random tables (well-written, may I add) to use with Post-Apocalyptic roleplaying games. Very useful in other science-fiction or modernish game settings. I have also used these tables as helping devices for my creative writing, in general. And not just for gaming purposes, so this is really helpful booklet. Small but efficient. Plus this is fun to read, look at and to use.



Dungeons for the Master is also book written by Matt Davids and published by the Dice Geeks. This book is for the game masters who need loads and lots of helluva many dungeons and things to go with the dungeons, eg. animals, creatures and humanoids to encounter in the dungeons. This book has 177 of hand-drawn dungeons with names for the dungeons. The Book also have many usable encounter tables and other kind of tables to use with the dungeons. Plus really nice and atmospheric pictures. Very usable content for the fantasy roleplaying gamers. Many of the dungeons and tables suite also for other settings, too, that have dungeons and many kind of wanderers in their world. This for example, suites preetty good for Star Wars, Star Trek or surprisingly well for the Shadowrun. So it's not only good stuff for the fantasy gamers, but also very good material for other kind of genre gamers, in general. I totally recommend this, because I just happen to love it very much. Simple but effective tool for dungeon mastering.




When ordering this (note)book (above) from AdLibris, I thought it would be some kind of art collection book and or cyberpunk themed rpg game help, but instead of that, the only art it has, is in its cover. The insides of the book is just dotted  pages. Useful and quality printed notebook anwaysm with dot grid, for writing, mapping and drawing. I'll use it as some kind of scrap book as a game designer and game moderator. I like the art pic on the cover, so I'm not complaining nor do I bother to return the notebook. 

Larger than Life -Folklore Legends of America is a source book about the american folklore. It is very good book with lots of folklore, history and information of the real american history and also lots and loads of stories of America. Book has a lot well-known and un-known real-life characters and also some people that really weren't historical figures, but what people think as actual people. The book contains statistics for Savage Worlds roleplaying game system, but the content is totally usable in almost any other game, too. And not just  game statistic of folklore and of real historical figure, but also information about  that kind of personalities on that time period. So for example, there is stats and information of the famous pirate Blackbeard with stats, and also information of the other people who have been sailing and such. There's also stats for the pirate character archetypes. So whole lotta historic content and loads of gaming material. I totally love this book. Of course, I do recommend it for the game moderators and for the people who are interested in American folklore or interested in historical figures of the American History. Michael Surbrook have done excellent job with this book.



Because this is already mile long, I shall tell You lovely people, my thoughts about the Dugeon! board game, my take on MtG Planeswalker board game, on the next part. I might tell You about the Buffy the Vampire-Slayer talking book (I'm not kidding You!), also... But that's a whole new text... so TaTa for Now! Wishes, Krisse Tuominen, blogger, female powerlifter, game entusiastic, game designer, and many other cool things... 

Kommentit

Suosituimpia blogeja (blogin koko ajalta)

Aappena päätti kisavuotensa komiasti Bullfarmilla!!!!

The World's First-Ever Take the Edge is out NOW!

Cyberpunk movies to inspire your genre gaming (plus some gaming stuff, too!)

Kotona leppäämässä tuaas