There's a genre full of cyberpunk RPGs

You know, the Cyberpunk rpg isn't the World's only cyberpunk game...?! You know, there is its on genre. A Whole genre of different kind of cyberpunk genre roleplaying games.


Some steampunk, cyberpunk and other sci-fi books and the first and the latest edition of the Over the Edge rpg that seriously has its gritty and witty cyberpunk elements in its world setting.
 Recently I came out as not being a fan of the Cyberpunk roleplaying game. And being a fan of the Shadowrun roleplaying game. And generally a fan of the cyberpunk genre of awesome cool roleplaying games. And loving many setting(book)s in the genre.

Many Mage the Ascension supplement books really have many elements of the sciense fiction and especially of the cyberpunk. Not just a style-wise, but lore-wise and techwise, too.
Some people have asked me that am I aware of Shadowrun being a cyberpunk rpg. Or just simply pointing out that Shadowrun is a rpg. Like I would be so stupid, that I wouldn't know that it is a cyberpunk genre game. Not appaerently even knowing it, when I have stated that I like more Shadowrun rpg than Cyberpunk rpg as a cyberpunk genre game. Or when I have told that how I love in Shadowrun, how it mixes both fantasy and cyberpunk elements in its setting. To the people who have asked me to those questions, I've apparently just moved my lips and pushed the buttons of my keyboard, not knowing what I'm doing.

Trinity rpg has cyberpunk elements to it, with added some psi and mutant powers to the mix... <3 

I'll clarify my point, because apparently everybody hasn't get the point, me not being a Cyberpunk rpg fan, and being instead a Shadowrun fan. I totally know Shadowrun falls into cyberpunk genre, and that is the whole point mentioning it.

You can play Champions, Dark Champions or Hero with cyberpunk -setting, too...

My point is, as much I dig some of the Cyberpunk/Cyberpunk 2020/Cyberpunk v. 3.0 or Cyberpunk Red products, to me they lack of the Something. And that's why I ain't fan of The Cyberpunk (tm) rpg fan. I'm totally fan of cyberpunk genre.

Deadlands: Hell on Earth combines weird west, steam punk, odd magic and fringe powers, weird science apparaties,  grim future, toxic wastelands and cyberpunk. The End Result is toally ass-kicking. 

And to me, the combination of gritty cyberpunk and fantasy settings, in the Shadowrun rpg totally play my strings. But You know, we all are different. And we all do not have to be the fans of a well-known brand. To me The Cyberpunk rpg is ok and with Deep Space supplement it is great. I still like whole lotta more (Traveller) 2300 AD rpg with Earth/Cybernetics supplement. Especially its simple but effective net run rules are waaaaay better than in Cyberpunk rpg. I am a fan girl of 2300 AD, so it's natural to dig it as a cyberpunk version, too. I just like it how hard science it is.

Savage Worlds: Citizens Divided  is cyberpunk game setting and I totally love it!


I dig fanatically the original Judge Dredd rpg from '80's (published by Games Workshop) and the whole attitude and world setting, makes it totally cyberpunk genre game... so basically, what I'm saying, is: I'm sooo in love with the genre. I am simply just not in love with the certain well-known brand. And that's about it.


Have Fun gaming and reading what ever You like to read and to play! Wishing You all the best, Krisse Tuominen, the blogger, cyberpunkker, female powerlifter, and fun-loving weirdo ;-)

Kommentit

Suosituimpia blogeja (blogin koko ajalta)

Aappena päätti kisavuotensa komiasti Bullfarmilla!!!!

The World's First-Ever Take the Edge is out NOW!

Cyberpunk movies to inspire your genre gaming (plus some gaming stuff, too!)

Kotona leppäämässä tuaas