Linking to interesting (and a bit wild) indie games

It ain't no secret that I like to dwell in awesome indie games. Tabletop indie games, indie phone games, indie web games, indie console games, indie computer games, indie card games, indie dice games, and so on. Especially if it is simple or simplistic or minimalistic, free or cheap (or at least, affordable), and either it is funny or it moves me (literally or figuratively), it is probably something that I dig.

Because sharing is caring, I decided to make a little post where I link to couple of games that I enjoyed playing. And while I'm at it, write some words to sum up the essence of the games. Or the feeling that I've got playing the game.

Midnight Dungeon


Since the '80s, I've played lots and loads of NetHack- and Roguelike games,  And I still, occasionally, take some time to play a good session of some of those great games in the genre. I've played so many good and bad games in this genre, that I really didn't expect anything unusual of Midnight Dungeon. Obviously, I was genuinely surprised by the Midnight Dungeon. It has its roots in pixy dungeon crawling very firmly. Yet, it is somehow a bit different than the most NetHacck -clones.

It is a small, but still very much giving dungeon game with different floors, keys to find for the door, an enemy to pass, and a sword to use. It also makes you use your brain(s) as a form of a math puzzle. So its tune and inner style and atmosphere make it much more than just one of those funky bitsy dungeon grooves with nice retro graphs and a nice tune to listen to.

I am really happy that I happened to find this small genius gaming gem. Totally recommend this to everyone who likes Roguelikes, especially pixy kind of, and who are ready to try a little different in the genre of dungeon crawling games. I really enjoyed playing the Midnight Dungeon. Totally, hoping You do too!

https://pixelartm.itch.io/midnight-dungeon 

 The Lawnmower man

The Lawnmower Man is an 8-bit retro stylistic game You can play for free. It is based on a movie that resembles very little a text by Stephen King. Actually so little that King sued the movie studio so they would take his name out of the flick. 

This indie game has taken its inspiration from the movie but it also knows its roots, so there are also references to the original text of  King. And the end result is good stuff. I really like it.

The Lawnmower Man game is very interesting, witty, funny, and still so simplistic. It is a fun and relaxing game. At least, to me, it gave me a certain zen experience. And I really love how the game ends. Or how it does not end. Kinda, the matter and point of view. I want more of this great madness 💓

https://ruin.itch.io/the-lawnmower-man 

Keep on playing the indie games!

Kommentit

Suosituimpia blogeja (blogin koko ajalta)

Aappena päätti kisavuotensa komiasti Bullfarmilla!!!!

The World's First-Ever Take the Edge is out NOW!

Cyberpunk movies to inspire your genre gaming (plus some gaming stuff, too!)

Kotona leppäämässä tuaas